Last Modified: January 29, 2019
This Policy applies to Jacobus’ websites, such as www.jacobusenergy.com, and any other affiliated website that links to this Policy (the “Sites”) and any mobile app that links to this Policy (the “App”) (collectively, the “Services”). This Policy will let you know what kind of information we collect on our Services, how we collect that information, and what we do with it. If you do not agree with this Policy, it is your choice not to use the Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information You Provide to Us. We may collect personal information about you when you provide it to us while using or interacting with the Services such as your name, email address, telephone number, address, financial account information, payment information, employer information and other information that may personally identify you.
Employment Information You Provide to Us. If you decide to apply for a job at Jacobus by electronic means, you may be asked to provide personal information such as your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, user name, date of birth, previous work experience education, language, skills, professional and other work-related licenses, permits, certifications, background checks, visa status or any other identifier by which you may be identified on or offline. We may also collect personal information from you through your transmission or upload of a resume or other documentation to the Jacobus employment portal.
Information We Collect Automatically. We use technologies, described below, that collect certain information about you automatically. We may collect, among other things, your IP address, location, device type, date and time of visit, operating system, and browser type, as well as what webpage you visit immediately prior to or after visiting the Services and your activities on the Services. If you are using the App, or interacting with the Services on a mobile device, additional information may be collected, including your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about how you use the Services.
INFORMATION COLLECTING TECHNOLOGIES
When you use or interact with our Services, Jacobus and third parties may use a variety of technologies that collect information automatically, including cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and logging. It is important to understand cookies and web beacons:
- Cookies. We think it is important that you understand cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your browser when you access a website, including the Sites. We and the third parties, described below, may use session cookies. A session cookie is available only during the course of the browser session; the information is not sent to or stored on a computer’s hard drive. Closing the browser or logging off will terminate the session cookie. We and the third parties, described below, may also use machine cookies, which do remain on a computer hard drive and gather information, sometimes over time and across sites. You can find more information about your choices regarding cookies under the heading “YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE.”
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons” or “tracking pixels” are electronic images, tags, or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and among other things, help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. We and the third parties described below may use web beacons to compile information regarding your use of the Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Uses of Personal Information You Provide to Us. We may use your personal information:
- To provide the Services, products and related services to you;
- To respond to any request you have made, including for information and/or services;
- For our marketing efforts, including to keep you informed about existing and new services;
- To review and process your request for financing;
- To provide you with customer support;
- To resolve problems and disputes with the Services;
- To improve the Services;
- To protect the security and integrity of the Services;
- To monitor compliance with and enforce this Policy and any other applicable agreements and policies;
- If necessary, to notify you about changes to the Services, any products or services we offer, or provide through them;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or any other purpose we deem necessary or appropriate;
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or offer your consent; and
- As generally permitted under applicable law.
Uses of Employment Information You Provide to Us. After you provide your personal information to the Jacobus’ employment portal, we will add it to Jacobus’ database and will use it for the purpose of considering suitability for job opportunities at Jacobus, including to:
- Process job applications;
- Ensure record-keeping related to human resources purposes;
- Analyze the recruitment process and outcome;
- Conduct employment checks;
- Communicate with you;
- Send important notices; and
- Comply with law and contractual obligations.
Uses of Information We Collect Automatically. We use information we collect automatically, which typically does not identify you, for various internal business purposes, including those described above. We may also use non-personal information and other information that is otherwise de-identified, aggregated, or anonymous for any purpose.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
Information from Emails. As noted above, we collect information on our email campaigns from our third party service providers, including whether you have read an email sent by us or on our behalf, forwarded an email, and when and how many times you have opened an email. We may use this information to improve our marketing, to understand our audience, and to improve the Services and our products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails from us, please see the “YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE” section, below.
Information from Third Party Analytics. We also may use third party analytics on the Services, to, for example, enable us to continually improve on the content we offer to you, for systems administration purposes, to evaluate your use of the Services, to compile reports on activity, to analyze performance metrics, and to collect and evaluate other information related to the Services. Some of our analytics can be used to track users over time, for geolocation purposes, and across third party websites.
Performance of the Services. We also use third party services to track information about the performance of the Services. The third party services collect aggregated data from visits to the Services to help troubleshoot any problems with performance, such as errors in code or page load times. We use this information to optimize your experience with the Services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including your personal information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To our subcontractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and the Services, including our maintenance providers, finance providers and marketing partners;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of or during a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Jacobus’ assets or equity, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Jacobus is among the assets transferred;
- For any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information, or any other purpose we deem necessary or appropriate; or
- With your consent.
We may also share your personal information to comply with any court order or legal obligation, including responding to any lawful government or regulatory request, or if we believe disclosure is necessary to enforce or protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or third parties.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
We strive to provide you with information and choices regarding the information you provide to us and that we collect, including:
Cookies. If you do not wish us to collect cookies, you may set your browser to refuse some cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or may not function properly. Information on deleting or controlling cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
Opt-Out. You may opt-out of receiving future communications from us any time we request your personal information. You can opt-out by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email or by emailing us at email@example.com with “unsubscribe” in the subject line. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such request in a timely manner.
DO NOT TRACK
The Sites do not respond to “do not track” requests. All traffic is treated as equal and processed the same. If you desire to have your browsing be private, we suggest that you use your web browser’s private or incognito function, or similar options.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of any applicable law including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marking purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at the address provided in the “CONTACT US” section, below.
We strive to use reasonable means to secure your personal information; however, please keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet and on mobile platforms is not always secure, which means we cannot and do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any personal information you provide to us. Given this reality, your use of our Services, and your decision to provide personal information to us, is at your own risk.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this Policy to reflect material changes in the manner in which we deal with personal information, including complying with law or self-regulatory standards, or for business purposes. The Policy posted here will always be current. We encourage you to review it regularly. Your continued use of this Services after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy or to remove or change your contact information in our database, or to not receive future mailings or other communications, as well as other inquiries, please contact us at any time using one of the options below: